Uh oh. Maybe nothing, but maybe something.
President Trump has removed chief White House strategist Steve Bannon from his role on the National Security Council (NSC), according to a regulatory filing dated Tuesday.
Bannon in January was elevated to a position on the NSC principals committee, in a shakeup of the council. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and director of national intelligence had their roles downgraded in the move.
The Joint Chiefs chairman and intelligence director are having their roles on the principals committee restored …
Oh hell, we gotta read tea leaves and tweets to know what’s going on.
My only concern is that he’ll appoint Ivanka.
Reasons Bannon was taken off the Council:
- Did not realize that sobriety was important for the meetings.
- Kept yelling “Incoming!” at the meetings and making fun of whoever got under the table first.
- Geography was not his strong suit.
- His turn to sleep with Putin.
- Suggested adding one of those “Protected by ADT” stickers on the door and call it a day.
Come on, guys, you can come up with some.